You can order your repeat medication online.
The advantages of ordering prescriptions this way are that you can see all the medications which are on your repeat list, you can choose which ones you want to request, you can add a note for the doctor to read and you will be notified when your prescription is ready (or see any messages from your doctor), all online.
Please allow 3 working days for a repeat prescription to be processed. Collection from the surgery will be after 15:00. We cannot fulfil same day requests for repeat medication.
There are many ways you can request a prescription:
- Online – By completing our online form.
- In Person – Tick items on the white right hand side of your repeat script OR complete yellow slip in reception
- By Post – Tick items on the white right hand side of your repeat script and post to the Surgery
We cannot accept requests by phone for the following reasons:
- To reduce the risk of transcriber error
- To free up limited telephone lines for urgent medical requests
Collection of Prescriptions
Most pharmacies offer a service Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) to collect prescriptions from the surgery on behalf of patients. The pharmacies then get the medicines ready for patients to collect direct from the pharmacy, which saves patients a trip to the surgery.
If you wish to use EPS, please register for Electronic Prescribing.
Please note this will become mandatory for all prescription requests in 2020.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.