Leckhampton Surgery has introduced an Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). This means that your GP will be able to send your prescription electronically to the Pharmacy you choose to get your medication from – without the need for paper in most cases. The Electronic Prescription Service is reliable, secure and confidential.
How to use the Electronic Prescription Service
You may wish to ‘nominate’ a specific pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically. You can ask a member of staff in your chosen pharmacy to arrange this.
- If you do not want to nominate a specific pharmacy (although it may be best to do so), any local pharmacy can dispense your medication once it has been authorised by a doctor
- You can continue to order your prescriptions in the usual way, but instead of a paper prescription being collected by you or your pharmacy, the prescription will be sent to them electronically.
- You should try to ensure that on most occasions you collect your prescriptions from your nominated Pharmacy. However, if you don’t wish to use your nominated Pharmacy for a particular prescription just make sure you let the surgery know when you request the prescription. If you wish to change your pharmacy, also let the pharmacy know.
- Nomination is very flexible and can be cancelled or changed at any time by asking a member of staff at the pharmacy or the surgery
- If you would like further information about the service, please ask the staff in any pharmacy offering EPS.